It is known that toad possesses several toxic substances in the skin and parotid glands. In the past, toad-venom poisoning had been reported from ingestion of toad soup, Kyushin and aphrodisiac pills, but the poisoning from toad eggs is observed for the first time. The case of a healthy female who had previously eaten toad soup twice without any discomfort is reported. She developed gastrointestinal symptoms and life-threatening cardiac rhythm after ingestion of toad eggs.
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Critical Care and Intensive Care Medicine
- Emergency Medicine