Clinical outcomes of percutaneous coronary intervention with rotablation in patients with acute or recent myocardial infarction

Ta Jung Wang, Meng Hsiu Chiang, Shao Sung Huang, Cheng Hsueh Wu, Shih Hsien Sung, Wan Leong Chan, Shing Jong Lin, Wen Lieng Lee, Tse Min Lu

研究成果: 雜誌貢獻文章同行評審

4 引文 斯高帕斯(Scopus)

摘要

Background Although rotational atherectomy (RA) has been an accepted and widely used medical procedure for more than 15 years, the clinical outcomes of RA in high-risk populations remain elusive. Therefore, the purpose of this study was to investigate the safety and efficacy of RA for patients with acute or recent myocardial infarction (MI), and report the short- and long-term clinical outcomes in this population. Methods We enrolled patients undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) and RA at two medical centers in Taiwan between January 2004 and December 2013. Individuals who suffered an acute MI within 30 days before RA were assigned to the MI group; the remaining subjects were assigned to the non-MI group. Results A total of 154 subjects were enrolled in our study, among them: 47 (30.5%) had an acute MI within 30 days of RA (MI group), and the remaining 107 (69.5%) patients without MI comprised the non-MI group. PCI and RA procedures were performed successfully in 150 patients. The 30-day and 1-year total death, MI, and major adverse cardiac event (MACE included all-cause death, MI, and clinical-driven target lesion revascularization) rates were 6.5%, 12.3%, and 15.6%, and 9.7%, 15.2%, and 30.5%, at the 30-day and 1-year follow-ups, respectively. MI was identified as an independent predictor for both 30-day MACE and total death (MACE, OR: 3.95, P = 0.006; total death, OR: 4.67, P = 0.043), and remained an independent predictor for 1-year total death and MI (total death, HR: 4.47, P = 0.007; MI, HR: 2.62, P = 0.016). Conclusion Our study demonstrated the safety and efficacy of RA in patients with acute or recent MI, and identified MI as an independent predictor of both short- and long-term outcomes.

原文英語
頁(從 - 到)532-538
頁數7
期刊Journal of the Chinese Medical Association
80
發行號9
DOIs
出版狀態已發佈 - 九月 1 2017
對外發佈

ASJC Scopus subject areas

  • 醫藥 (全部)

指紋

深入研究「Clinical outcomes of percutaneous coronary intervention with rotablation in patients with acute or recent myocardial infarction」主題。共同形成了獨特的指紋。

引用此