- 2013 國立陽明大學生物醫學資訊研究所博士
- 2008 特羅姆瑟大學/ 遠距醫療與電子健康紀錄碩士
- 2001 聖彼得堡醫學科學院醫學系學士
- 2020 Guest Editor for Sensors journal, for Special Issue on Digital Health and Smart Sensors for Better Management of Cancer and Chronic Diseases
- 2018 Guest Editor for Sensors journal, for Special Issue "Data Analytics and Applications of the Wearable Sensors in Healthcare"
- Since 2017 Associate Professor, Taipei Medical University
- 2013-2017 Assistant Professor, Taipei Medical University-Since 2018
- Adjunct Professor at Vellore Institute of Technology, India
- 2015- Principal Investigator at the International Center for Health Information Technology, Taipei Medical University, Taiwan
- 2015- Lead Educator for MOOCs, on FutureLearn, a platform for open online courses
- Plum Blossom Card (Permanent Resident Certificate) by Government of Taiwan 2017
- New Investigator of Global Health by Global Health Council 2010. Washington DC.
- National Yang Ming University Scholarship 2009—2011
- International Scholar Ex-Change programme by Norwegian Research Council 2009.
- Quota scholarship at Tromso University, Norway 2006--2008.
- TW Patent # M409487 Mobile Personal Health Record System
- US Patent# 20150356272 Prescription Analysis System And Method For Applying Probabilistic Model Based On Medical Big Data
- Artificial Intelligence
- Internet of Things
- Wearable Devices for Long Term Care
- Big Data Analytics
- Visualization for Digital Epidemiology
- Medical Tourism
- Social Media in Health care
- Personal Health Records
Mentorship and Participation in programs
1. Mentor of Taiwan Experience Education Program at Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan
2. Mentor of International Honor’s Program at Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan, since 2018
3. Mentor of the course Health Information Technology for Resource-poor Settings, Taipei Medical University.
4. 2016 & 2017 Taiwan Tech Trek Program
5. Active participant of the Focus Group on "Artificial Intelligence for Health" (FG-AI4H) group in partnership with WHO for the evaluation of AI-based methods for health, diagnosis, triage or treatment decisions.
6. Mentor of Taipei Medical University, College of Medical Science and Technology lab meeting since 2015
7. Member of Committee of International Affairs, Graduate Institute of Biomedical Informatics, Taipei Medical University
Educator for MOOCS courses
- Social Media in Healthcare: Opportunities and Challenges, total 10,717 students (8 runs: 2015-2019)
- Internet of Things for Active Aging, total 9,783 students (6 runs: 2016-2019)
- Digital Health for Cancer Management: Smart Health Technologies in Complex Diseases, total 2,076 students (3 runs: 2017-2019)
- Artificial Intelligence for Healthcare: Opportunities and Challenges, total 484 students (1 run: 2019)
Local and International Projects
European Commission Funded H2020 Projects
1. SmokefreeBrain: Multidisciplinary tools for improving the efficacy of public prevention measures against smoking (106-2923-E-038-001-MY2)
2. CrowdHEALTH project: Using health-related big data for supporting policy making decisions (107-2923-E-038-001-MY2)
3. CATCH: Cancer Activating Technologies for Connected Health
1. The Role of Respiratory Rate Variability and Heart Rate Variability in Predicting Adverse Event in the Hemodialysis patients (106-2221-E-038-005) (Publication)
2. AI-based Personal Health Record Management System (PHRMS) for Cancer Risk Prediction: Taiwan – India Collaboration Fostering (106-研-R-0018)
3. Virtual Reality among the elderly
4. Wearable technology for the patient recognition in the Shin Kong Wu Ho-Su Memorial Hospital, grant number: SKH-TMU-104-02
|http://ic-hit.net/index.php/cv/17 http://gimi.tmu.edu.tw/per/super_pages.php?ID=per1&Sn=17 https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Syed_Abdul_Shabbir https://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&user=meSoixsAAAAJ&view_op=list_works&sortby=pubdate|
Artificial Intelligence based Models for Screening of Hematologic Malignancies using Cell Population DataSyed-Abdul, S., Firdani, R. P., Chung, H. J., Uddin, M., Hur, M., Park, J. H., Kim, H. W., Gradišek, A. & Dovgan, E., 十二月 1 2020, 於 : Scientific Reports. 10, 1, 4583.
研究成果: 雜誌貢獻 › 文章
Author Correction: Artificial Intelligence based Models for Screening of Hematologic Malignancies using Cell Population Data (Scientific Reports, (2020), 10, 1, (4583), 10.1038/s41598-020-61247-0)Syed-Abdul, S., Firdani, R. P., Chung, H. J., Uddin, M., Hur, M., Park, J. H., Kim, H. W., Gradišek, A. & Dovgan, E., 十二月 1 2020, 於 : Scientific Reports. 10, 1, 10475.
研究成果: 雜誌貢獻 › 評論/辯論
研究成果: 雜誌貢獻 › 文章
研究成果: 雜誌貢獻 › 社論
Evaluation of Free, Open-source, Web-based DICOM Viewers for the Indian National Telemedicine Service (eSanjeevani)Wadali, J. S., Sood, S. P., Kaushish, R., Syed-Abdul, S., Khosla, P. K. & Bhatia, M., 2020, (接受/付印) 於 : Journal of Digital Imaging.
研究成果: 雜誌貢獻 › 文章