After Second World War, Dr. Lee was the one who operated cancer therapy with two 250 kVp deep X-ray machines and one 100 kVp superficial X ray machine at National Taiwan University Hospital (NTUH). Since lacking the knowledge of radiation protection, he quitted this job due to leukopenia. It was taken over by other radiologists in a rotating basis. The first Co-60 machine in Taiwan was equipped in March 1958 at NTUH. Professor Shu-Chen Huang got a chance to study therapeutic radiology in London for two years and achieved D.M.R.T. She then went to Japan for one year to learn nuclear medicine. In 1960, she was back to NTUH and established the Department of Radiation Oncology and further development was carried out.